Well, this past Thursday marked one week "in country" and all is well! Actually, everything is better than well. I have so much to tell you, but I hardly know where to begin! So much has happened over the past 11 days since we boarded the plane in Tennessee. I don't know if I'll ever catch up!
I will tell you that physically everyone is well! That is really a surprise to all the others here that we have stayed well this long and haven't gotten "Bandung Belly" as they call it. We do have some snotty noses so I think some of the kids are fighting off something, but it isn't slowing them down.
Thankfully, we all seem to be adjusted to our new time zone now for a few days which is such a wonderful gift! No one is falling asleep in the middle of the day (well except for Virginia taking naps which is a good thing); no one is waking up at 4 a.m. to announce they hear the prayers; everyone is sleeping through the night! Yipee!
I am so thankful that the people here, the nationals, are so gracious with our inability to speak the language. We do know some words and phrases, but we can't really carry on a conversation. They are eager to please and find others who can speak English or use their limited English to help us. This is so humbling, and it makes me think of how many in America treat others who don't know English... are we gracious with them... or irritated... or just flat out ignore them? Everyone is made in His image regardless of the language they speak. I'm so thankful that the people here are kind and helpful to us. Of course having 5 kids tagging along certainly opens lots of doors for us! They LOVE kids!
We have purchased the major items we need to move into our permanent home. Well, we still need to get a table and chairs. There are lots of little things that we still need to get. We will probably start moving in next weekend.
Well, I guess that is all for now. Nothing too exciting... my next post will hopefully be something fun & educational!
In the meantime, I want to leave this picture with you... and have you guess what it might be... please post your comment. It is a clue to my next post!
Blessings,
Melinda =0)
Do you know what these are?
Sales Tickets??
ReplyDeleteGlad all is going well.
Sent an email back on an email address, said
was traveling or something like that and would
soon be on line.
Money?
ReplyDeleteFunny the word toilet is on it whatever it is. Assume it doesn't mean toilet in their language though. Ha.
I am gonna guess it's money. Hope it's really $1000 like it says!!! ; )
ReplyDeleteyou have to pay to use the public bathroom? I don't remember that
ReplyDeletewhere in Bandung are you? I stayed near ITB (Institut Teknologi Bandung), northern part of the city, the first time I was there
Sales receipts for buying 3.....somethings. I don't know. Cary is helping me guess, I'm a big fat cheater! I LOVE YOU. Save me a seat. I want to come. NOW!
ReplyDelete