Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Humidity

The effects of humidity on my wall calendar.  =0(

We are no strangers to humidity!  Growing up in Tennessee and living in FL for 8.5 years... and some other humid places as well... we've met & gotten to know humidity well!

However, we know humidity on a whole new level here.  I guess it is due to the lack of air conditioning in our home.  We do have one small room with a/c (our bedroom), but we only run it at night while we are sleeping.  (Don't feel sorry for the kids... they say they get cold at night with their fans!  They are like the Indonesians in that respect!)

As you can see in the picture above, my calendar is a bit droopy... and this is the DRY season!  Some of our shoes have mildewed.  Eeww.  So have some of our suitcases & things inside them (like my purse).  Yuck.  And of course, when you need your clothes to dry... and it is humid... they don't.

BUT the plus side... is our weather is not nearly as hot as what some of you are experiencing in the Southern United States.  You can always check our weather here on our blog (look to the right).  We pretty much hang out in the 80s.  Sometimes it might slip down to the 70s at night or up into the low 90s during the day.  This is due to our altitude.  When we move to the other island next year... we will continue to have the humidity... but we'll have a LOT more heat to accompany it... all still without an air conditioned house.

Here's to ICE WATER!

5 comments:

  1. NICE! I was complaining to Mel Mac about our Nashville moisture baths. She then said....'I have a picture for the blog.' I told her she won. Mel, I love you. haha.
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are experiencing the heat today with temperatures near 95 in Waxhaw, N.C. The only plus is every house has air. I like the 80's and 70's at night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I'd post this time. I love reading your updates all the time Melinda. I REALLY will miss seeing your great family at MOPS in the fall. I say extra special prayers for your little people!
    Donna Cox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're singing to the choir on this one!:)It's amazing grace how you get use to it all. I've rediscovered the joys of powder too.
    deb in Davao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments! I am amazed how it is our new "normal," Deb! =0) Everyone puts powder on their kids after baths... they look kind of ghostly. We haven't started powdering yet... maybe something to pick up on our next shopping trip! ;0)

    ReplyDelete